As we do every week, NextPit brings you a selection of great deals on mobile apps and games for iOS and Android that are normally paid for but are currently free for download on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
This list is updated weekly and starting this week, there will be two weekly editions posted on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Between publishing this article and the time you actually read this article, some apps may have become paid for again.
If you do manage to find an app for free but you can’t really use it right now, we suggest you to install the app anyway, then delete it from your device. That way, the app will become part of your app library and you can install it again for free when you need it. A good way not to miss out on a short-lived promo.
- 1 Temporarily free Android apps on the Google Play Store
- 2 Temporarily free iOS apps on the Apple App Store
Temporarily free Android apps on the Google Play Store
Android productivity/lifestyle apps temporarily free on the Google Play Store
Android games temporarily free on the Google Play Store
Temporarily free iOS apps on the Apple App Store
The iOS productivity/lifestyle apps temporarily free on the Apple App Store
- Kinoglitch Pro
($4.99):A photo editing app for applying digital mosaic-like “glitch” effects.
(€2.29 ): The app provides you with a whole bunch of information about the phases of the Moon, its position and orbit at any location and especially any date.
- Python 3 ( € 0.99 ): With this free app you can learn Python 3.
(10,99 € ):KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU! If you want to understand this phrase, this Japanese dictionary that is Midori could be useful to you. Again, I included it mainly because of its high price.
- Balance: Meditation & Sleep (€54.99
): A wellness app with various meditation programs. The promo is not for the app, but for its yearly subscription normally charged at €54.99! Be sure to cancel the automatic renewal in the settings though.
- Hollycool – Pro Video Editing ( 2.29 € ): The iMovie alternative “Hollycool” is still free this week.
(€2.29):An app that allows you to scan or digitize documents, even manuscripts (via OCR).
- Sudoku Evolved
(1,09 € ): Thought you’d escape the free Sudoku of the week because you have an iPhone? I don’t think so!
- Lightsynth (€2.29): A photo app that supports ADR (adaptive dynamic range) and allows you to adjust the dynamic range of your photos.
- DrumToolz: An app from Drummers
Temporarily free iOS games on the Apple App Store
- Invaders Mini
($0.99):A classic space invaders that works on iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Moonlight Express (€3.99): A visually very nice and neat game if a bit much out of season. You play as a child who is supposed to replace Santa Claus to run his Moonlight Express delivery service.
- Shadowmatic (€1.09): The game was released in 2015 and has won quite a few awards, especially for its design. It’s a puzzle game that plays with perspective and shadows. It’s full of in-app purchases, though.
- Cardinal Land
(€2.29): A relaxing puzzle game with an educational twist for birding fans.
- 7 Stories ( 1.99 € ): An RPG game in which you can experience seven different stories with seven main characters.
- Ocmo ( € 1.29 ): Here’s a stylish ninja game that visually reminded me a little of the hit game Limbo
All of these apps are only temporarily free. It is possible that at the time of reading this article, several days after its publication, some applications have become paid again.
In any case, we update this article every week, usually on Saturdays. In case you discovered a buggy link, and if application is no longer free or you have any advice for us, write us a message or leave a comment.
What do you think of our selection this week? Have you found any better apps or games on sale in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store? Don’t hesitate to share your good deals in the comments.